You have no items in your cart.
Freerange is supporting the annual Bird of the Year competition which launches at the end of September and run by Forest and Bird New Zealand.
Our task is to get as many people as possible to vote for the bird that we are supporting: The New Zealand Barn Owl.
The NZ Barn Owl is New Zealand’s newest native bird. It is not uncommon for the Barn Owl to make their way here occasionally, or to get blown over in storms from Australia, but it is only recently that a few pairs have started breeding. Freerange supports the rights of immigrants so we say we should acknowledge and welcome our new feathered, winged, bipedal, endothermic (warm-blooded), egg-laying, vertebrate avian friends.
It’d be rude not to, eh?
Information about our little hero is here:
As part of the general profile raising that we are tasked with for this project a poster is needed.
So this is a call out to ALL designers, (and non-designers) that Freerange is running a small competition to come up with the best poster to support our goal of getting the Barn Owl to be the favourite NZ bird of the year.
The winning entry will receive: $50 cold-hard cash, and a subscription to Freerange Journal.
1. The brief is to design an a colour A3 poster.
2. It needs a a punchy one line sentence/tagline (no longer than 15 words) that sums up why people should vote for the Barn Owl.
3. Poster needs to be given to the Bird of the Year campaign on the 15th of September. So we are closing our competition on the 10th of September.
4. The poster needs to be 300 dpi and version in both CMYK and RBG as it will be both printed and used online.
5. This url needs to be on it: www.birdoftheyear.org.nz
6. email me and I’ll send you the photos of the BarnOwl Forest and Bird have given us, and the freerange logo. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Examples of previous posters are:
Questions and Submissions to: